Massachusetts attorney general election, 2014
September 9, 2014
November 4, 2014
Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General
Massachusetts is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Unaffiliated voters are allowed to vote in the primary election. They may choose which party ballot they wish to vote on and still remain unaffiliated.
Filed for other office
Martha Coakley - Incumbent
Lost in primary
Warren Tolman - Former state Senator and 2002 gubernatorial candidate
|Massachusetts Attorney General, Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Election Results Via:NECN. Vote totals above are unofficial and reflect 100% precincts reporting.|
John B. Miller won the Republican nomination without opposition.
|May 6, 2014||Signature filing deadline for party candidates seeking federal or statewide office to file with Registrar of Voters|
|June 3, 2014||Deadline for political party candidates seeking federal or statewide office to file with Secretary of Commonwealth|
|July 29, 2014||Deadline for nonpartisan candidates seeking federal or statewide office to file with Registrar of Voters|
|August 26, 2014||Deadline for nonpartisan candidates seeking federal or statewide office to file with Secretary of Commonwealth|
|September 9, 2014||Primary election|
|November 4, 2014||General election|
To learn more about developments in these races, check out the following news articles from Ballotpedia:
- Massachusetts state executive primary review: Coakley, Baker continue march to November gubernatorial face-off
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Massachusetts + attorney + general + election"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts Attorney General
- Massachusetts state executive official elections, 2014
- State executive official elections, 2014
- The Boston Globe, Political Intelligence, "Martha Coakley launches bid for governor with handshakes and a video," September 16, 2013
- Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Website, "Massachusetts Directory of Political Parties and Designations," accessed January 3, 2014
- Hank Naughton for Attorney General 2014 Official campaign website, "Homepage," accessed October 25, 2013
- Natick Patch, Naughton Ends Campaign for Attorney General, February 9, 2014
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |