|Former candidate for|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 121|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
Beebe's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Leadership – Not Compromise
- Excerpt: "I believe that leadership requires a bold vision and a willingness to communicate and advocate for it. If I’m privileged to serve you as your next Texas State Representative from House District 121, I promise to clearly articulate my policy positions and passionately advocate on behalf of the residents of District 121."
- Excerpt: "Bold leadership requires honest dialog. Texans deserve honesty and transparency, especially when it comes to balancing our tax burden against competing priorities. I will stand against the use of budget gimmicks and other games, and will not pretend the state budget is balanced when the jar is actually stuffed with IOU’s."
Proper Role of Government
- Excerpt: "It is essential that we return to our founding roots and recognize that the government cannot and should not be the solution for every problem. As a veteran, I have a profound respect for the government’s proper role of securing our God given rights, and I will consistently focus on ensuring that that role is not exceeded."
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "I will serve as an advocate of the free market, and not crony-capitalist special interests looking to Austin to secure special advantages instead of competing in the open market for capital investment and customers."
- Excerpt: "We’re a sovereign nation with sovereign borders. When a steady stream of foreigners break the law by jumping in the front of the line, it’s not only unfair to those who have been patiently waiting to become legal citizens, but it leads to a strain on our already overly burdened social safety nets like public schools, welfare, and Medicaid."
Elections for all 150 seats in the Texas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. Those candidates who did not receive 50% or more of the vote in their party primary on March 4 faced an additional May 27 primary runoff. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Joe Straus defeated Matt Beebe in the Republican primary. Straus will face Jeff Carruthers (L) in the general election.
|Texas House of Representatives District 121 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Joe Straus Incumbent||62.9%||10,366|
In 2014, Beebe's endorsements include the following:
- Tea Party 911
- Young Conservatives of Texas
- Cathie Adams, President, Texas Eagle Forum
- Independent Conservative Voters
- North Texas Citizens Lobby
- Constitutional Conservatives for a Stronger Texas PAC
- Accountability First PAC
Beebe and his wife, Nicole, have two children. He has been a member of the National Rifle Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matt + Beebe + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas House of Representatives
- Texas House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Matt Beebe on Facebook
- Matt Beebe on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Texas Tribune
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed July 30, 2014
- Cahnman's Musings, "OFFICIAL ENDORSEMENT: Matt Beebe for Texas House," December 9, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed February 25, 2014
- votebeebe.com, "Issues," accessed February 12, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Representative Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2012 Election and Candidate Information," accessed February 25, 2014
- Office of the (Texas) Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report," accessed July 12, 2012
- Tea Party 911, "Matthew Beebe," accessed February 25, 2014
- Young Conservatives of Texas, "Young Conservatives of Texas Releases More 2014 Endorsements," January 21, 2014
- us4.cammpaign-archive1.com, "Matt Beebe for State Representative," accessed February 25, 2014
- Independent Conservative Voters, "Endorsements," accessed February 25, 2014
- North Texas Citizens Lobby, "Empower Texans Newsletter," January 19, 2014
- Stronger Texas, "Candidate Endorsements," accessed February 25, 2014
- Texas Conservative Reality, "Accountability First Liberty Pledge Establishes Ultimate Control," February 9, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |