Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, California, District 24|
|Bachelor's||California Polytechnic State University, 2008|
|Master's||California Polytechnic State University, 2010|
Boutte's campaign website listed the following issues:
- The Long-Term Deficit
- Excerpt: "As large as the deficits of the last decade have been, they’re about to grow astronomically larger. Unfunded obligations of the Federal government to programs like Social Security and Medicare exceed $60 trillion and are about to come due."
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "I don’t think we’re going to see the kind of economic and job market growth we want to see until looming deficits are dealt with. There’s simply too much uncertainty about whether the Federal government will be able to meet its obligations and whether Congress will ever again be a functional institution."
- Congressional Reform
- Excerpt: "There are been a large amount of talk over the last year or so from organizations such as No Labels about congressional reform. In general, I’m supportive of such measures but do not believe they are a silver bullet. They are procedural changes that can make the substantive changes we need easier, but they won’t make the substantive changes alone."
- Excerpt: "Many people approach the energy as an either/or issue, but I think we’re still in a both/and place. It used to be that virtually all of our energy came from coal and petroleum based sources. Hopefully someday we’ll live in a world where all of our energy comes from renewable sources. But we aren’t there yet – we’re somewhere in between."
According to the Washington Post, the 24th is a new battleground as Democrats and Republicans seek to gain control of the House. 23rd district incumbent Lois Capps, displaced into the 24th with redistricting, will find herself running in a district that is nearly evenly split Democratic and Republican. She formerly had a Democratic advantage in the double-digits.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Matt + Boutte + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Thrills and Chills - bestofneworleans.com
- Theater to See This Week, Including a Riveting Police Story - LA Weekly (blog)
- New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival 2013 To Close With Black Keys, Hall ... - Huffington Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found