|U.S. House, Pennsylvania, District 17|
Dietz's campaign website listed the following issues:
- The Economy
- Excerpt: "I know how important the economy is – not just to us, but to our children and their families. Politicians in Washington have failed us all on so many economic issues. As they spend time inventing crises and fighting over the wedge issues that only affect the interests of a few, the people of middle-class America have suffered."
- Excerpt: "Our children are the most important part of our collective future, and we need to make sure that American children can earn the best education possible. By empowering the state’s freedom in education - not burdening them with bulky, one-size-fits-all programs, like ‘No Child Left Behind’, we will secure our children’s’ educational success."
- Responsible Spending
- Excerpt: "It is time to end the spending spree in Washington. Incredible waste and absurd fiscal irresponsibility wastes billions of taxpayers’ dollars every year."
- Excerpt: "In place of ObamaCare, I endorse targeted care for those with chronic health concerns and true financial hardship, to ensure they receive the care they deserve. Additionally, I believe it’s time to end the individual healthcare tax; all purchasers should be allowed to buy healthcare with pre-tax dollars."
- The Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "I support the philosophy that our Forefathers inscribed within the Second Amendment: The citizens of the United States can best determine how they will be protected. I also believe that the solution to the senseless violence our nation has recently witnessed begins with better enforcement of our current laws, but is not limited only to addressing policies regarding firearms."
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania District 17 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Results via Associated Press|
|Matt Dietz (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2013||$0.00||$7,215.00||$(280.00)||$6,935.00|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$3,085.00||$13,386.66||$(9,553.83)||$7,637.83|
|Year-End||January 13, 2014||$7,637||$6,749||$(3,243)||$12,923|
|April Quarterly||April 10, 2014||$12,575.28||$9,525.00||$(9,010.83)||$13,089.45|
Dietz and his wife, Lori, have three children and live in Wind Gap.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Matt + Dietz + Pennsylvania + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Pennsylvania's 17th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania's 17th Congressional District
- PoliticsPA, "5/17 Morning Buzz," May 17, 2013
- Associated Press, "Pennsylvania - Summary Vote Results," May 20, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed March 19, 2014
- PoliticsPA, "Newcoming Republican files to challenge Cartwright," May 16, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Matt Dietz 2014 Summary reports," accessed November 12, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "July Quarterly," accessed November 12, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "October Quarterly," accessed November 12, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Year-End," accessed February 12, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed April 23, 2014
- Campaign website, "About," accessed March 19, 2014
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |