|Ohio House of Representatives District 4|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Profession||Partner, Huffman, Kelley, Becker and Brock|
Huffman earned a BA in Government from University of Notre Dame and a JD from the University of Cincinnati School of Law. Huffman is a partner with Huffman, Kelley, and Becker and Brock. His professional experience includes attorney for the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio. Huffman has served on the Lima City Council.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Huffman served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Policy and Legislative Oversight|
|• Rules and Reference|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Huffman served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• State Government and Elections|
|• Judiciary and Ethics|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Huffman served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Legislative Ethics|
|• Civil and Commercial Law|
|• Ways and Means|
Huffman won re-election in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 4. Huffman was unopposed in the March 6 Republican primary election and defeated Robert Huenke (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 4, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Matt Huffman Incumbent||66.6%||31,075|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 4|
|Matt Huffman (R)||24,108||72.32%|
|Connie Miller (D)||9,225||27.68%|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 1|
|Matt Huffman (D)||39,979|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 4|
|Matt Huffman (D)||21,422|
|Dennis Shreefer (R)||15,371|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Huffman collected $325,265 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2010.
|HAWK, LEO J||$22,359|
|Wholesale Beer & Wine Association of Ohio||$22,000|
|RAGAN, GINNI D||$21,000|
|BRENNAN, DAVID L||$16,500|
|OHIO OIL & GAS ASSOCIATION||$11,000|
|LAGER, WILLIAM L||$11,000|
In 2008, Huffman collected $108,780 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|HAWK, LEO J||$20,000|
|OHIO STATE MEDICAL ASSOCIATION||$5,000|
|Wholesale Beer & Wine Association of Ohio||$2,800|
|OHIO ASSOCIATION FOR JUSTICE||$2,700|
|OHIO STATE BAR ASSOCIATION||$2,400|
Huffman and his wife, Sheryl, have four children. They currently reside in Lima, Ohio.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matt + Huffman + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio Senate eyes Huffman's Internet cafe bill - Lima Ohio
- Ohio House Passes Budget Without Kasich's Medicaid Expansion - Health Care News
- Youth Profile: Student's clothing ideas garner patents - LimaOhio.com
- Panel upholds disputed GOP win in Ohio House race - The-review
- 98th District: House panel upholds Landis' win over O'Farrell - New Philadelphia Times Reporter
- Senate Republicans suddenly ditch Internet cafes: Thomas Suddes - Plain Dealer
- Mr. Right: Urbana's Rep. Jim Jordan - Columbus Dispatch
- Senate reconsiders Huffman legislation on Internet cafes - Lima Ohio
- Column-Jim Krumel: A victory and a lesson for Keith Faber - LimaOhio.com
- South Carolina Election Results 2013: Mark Sanford Wins First District Race - Huffington Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Representative Huffman's campaign
- Ohio House of Representatives - Rep. Huffman
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Representative Huffman's State Surge sponsored bills
- Representative Huffman's Ohio GOP page
- ↑ Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- ↑ Ohio Secretary of State "2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Secretary of State, Ohio House of Representatives elections results
- ↑ Ohio House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- ↑ Ohio House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- ↑ 2010 contributions
- ↑ 2008 contributions
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Huffman
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 4
| Succeeded by|
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Open Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |