|Michigan House of Representatives District 110|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Profession||Owner/Operator, Matt's Auto Glass and Body Repair|
Huuki is the owner of Matt's Auto Glass and Body Repair.
Huuki attended Finlandia University.
Huuki's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"We must welcome industry back into Michigan. Without our private sector, our public sector cannot be sustained."
- Excerpt:"Our state government must cut wasteful spending, and start to operate like a business."
- Excerpt:"Matt believes that education is extremely important, and that the education system in Michigan is broken. Parents need to be empowered to make important educational decisions for and with their children."
The 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt:"He believes that we must do all we can to protect the 2nd Amendment, because without this right, we will have no other rights."
- Excerpt:"Matt believes that life begins at conception, and ends at natural death."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Huuki served on these committees:
- Banking and Financial Services
- Health Policy
- Natural Resources, Tourism, and Outdoor Recreation, Vice Chair
- Transportation Member
Huuki ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 110. He ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and was defeated by Scott Dianda (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 110, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Matt Huuki Incumbent||48.4%||18,759|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 110 General election (2010)|
|Matt Huuki (R)||16,031|
|Scott Dianda (D)||12,814|
In 2010, Huuki raised $38,777 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Michigan Farm Bureau||$5,000|
|Michigan Republican Party||$5,000|
|Huuki, Matthew E||$2,700|
|Genetski For Conservative Majo||$1,900|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Matt + Huuki + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Matt Huuki received a 75% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Huuki and his wife Janell have two children.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
|Michigan House of Representatives District 110
2011 – 2013
| Succeeded by|
Scott Dianda (D)