For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Georgia State Senate, District 14|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||December 3, 2013|
Laughridge ran in a special election for Georgia State Senate District 14. The seat was vacant following Sen. Barry Loudermilk's (R) resignation to focus on his Congressional campaign. Laughridge faced Christopher G. Nesmith (D), Nicole Ebbeskotte (R), Dwight Pullen (R), Dean Sheridan (R) and Bruce Thompson (R) in the special election, which took place on November 5. As no candidate received more than fifty percent of the vote, the top two vote-getters - Thompson and Laughridge - met in a runoff on December 3, which Thompson won.
|Georgia State Senate, District 14, Runoff Election, 2013|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matt + Laughridge + Georgia + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- qual.sos.state.ga.us, "Official candidate list," accessed September 19, 2013
- cbsatlanta.com, "November special legislative elections set in Ga.," September 6, 2013
- results.enr.clarityelections.com, "Unofficial election results," accessed November 5, 2013
- gpb.org, " Thompson, Prince, Efstration Win General Assembly Seats," December 4, 2013
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official runoff results," accessed January 8, 2014