Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 29A|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Morgan's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Economic Growth and Reducing Your Tax Burden
Maryland Democrats have increased state spending by 25%, more than $10 billion in additional state spending in just the past seven years. How do we pay for this you ask? Well, with over 70+ taxes and fee increases enacted, Maryland’s citizens and businesses paid over $8 billion in higher taxes, fees and tolls per year from FY 2008-2013.
A high tax burden stifles growth, weakens the economy and puts more people out of work. Our economy works best when individuals have more of their hard-earned income to spend, and businesses have money to invest.
Government does not create jobs, businesses do. Businesses exist to make a profit. If that becomes too difficult in Maryland, they will simply pack up shop and move to a place that is more beneficial to them.
Protection of Our Personal Freedoms and Property Rights
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Daniel A.M. Slade was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Matt Morgan defeated Bryan "Puff" Barthelme and Thomas "Tommy" McKay in the Republican primary.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 29A Republican Primary, 2014|
|Bryan "Puff" Barthelme||29.5%||845|
In 2014, Morgan's endorsements include:
- State Del. Neil Parrott (R)
- The Enterprise
- Maryland Association of Realtors
- National Rifle Association (AQ rating)
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matt + Morgan + Maryland + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Matt Morgan on Facebook
- Matt Morgan on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Maryland Secretary of State - Official candidate list
- Citizens for Matt Morgan, "Solutions," accessed June 16, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results for the 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election," accessed June 25, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Citizens for Matt Morgan, homepage, accessed June 16, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |