|Texas House of Representatives, District 115|
|January 13, 2015 - Present|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||James Madison University|
|J.D.||Boston School of Law, 2001|
Previously, Rinaldi was the Republican candidate for judge of Texas District 191 Court in 2010.
Rinaldi earned his B.B.A. from James Madison University and his J.D. from the Boston School of Law in 2001.
Elections for all 150 seats in the Texas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. Those candidates who did not receive 50% or more of the vote in their party primary on March 4 faced an additional May 27 primary runoff. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Matt Rinaldi defeated incumbent Bennett Ratliff in the Republican primary. Paul Stafford was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Rinaldi defeated Stafford and Kim Kelley (L) in the general election.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 115 General Election, 2014|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Rinaldi has a wife, Corley.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matt + Rinaldi + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas House of Representatives
- Texas House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Texas House of Representatives Committees
- Texas Joint Committees
- Profile from the Texas House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Matt Rinaldi on Facebook
- Matt Rinaldi on Twitter
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Texas Tribune
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed December 2, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Representative Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2012 Election and Candidate Information," accessed June 12, 2012
- Office of the (Texas) Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report," accessed July 12, 2012
Bennett Ratliff (R)
|Texas House of Representatives District 115
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |