Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Wisconsin, District 2|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin-Madison|
|J.D.||University of Wisconsin Law School|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
Silverman earned his bachelor's in political science from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He served in the United States Army for four years and then joined the Army reserves. He earned his law degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School and practices law in Madison, Wisconsin.
Silverman lists his plans on his campaign website:
- Fund a $50 billion federal infrastructure bank to seed infrastructure and school construction.
- Eliminate the corporate income tax and re-write business regulations to get capital flowing again.
- Include vocational education as part of federal spending on welfare, unemployment and veteran's programs.
- Support the mandate for universal coverage.
- Eliminate tax breaks for businesses that provide health insurance to employees.
- Incentivize healthy diet and exercise as part of everyday life.
Silverman ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Wisconsin's 2nd District. He sought the nomination on the Democratic ticket and faced Mark Pocan, Kelda Helen Roys, and Dennis Hall in the August 14 Democratic primary. Pocan won the primary and moves on to the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Matt + Silverman + Wisconsin + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mark Steyn on IRS hearings: 'You guys wasted your whole time with your ... - Daily Caller
- Dole to GOP: They ought to put a sign up that says 'closed for repairs until ... - Daily Caller
- Food stamp ban for pedophiles, murders, rapists deemed racist - Daily Caller
- PAPER: Gibson Guitar raids may be another case of Obama administration ... - Daily Caller
- Durbin not sure if bloggers should be 'entitled to constitutional protection ... - Daily Caller
- Though liberals call him a 'LINO,' Ted Cruz founded Harvard Latino Law Review - Daily Caller
- Subscribe to Snark Food Updates: - Snark Food
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Silverman is married.