|Austin City Council, District 6|
|Elections and appointments|
On his campaign website, Stillwell provided responses that he gave to individual questionnaires from various special interest groups. These documents can be viewed here.
In 2012, Stillwell's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "If we want our economy to grow, and the jobs created to be high paying jobs, we need to make sure Texas has a highly educated workforce. To make sure of this, we must restore full funding for education, while demanding accountability and results from our teachers. We must go beyond the basics of reading, writing and arithmetic to fully develop future leaders."
Job Growth and the Economy
- Excerpt: "A common sense, balanced approach to tax policy and regulation is essential. Our economy must continue to grow and our citizens continue to build a more stable financial future. To that end, existing loopholes, tax breaks, and environmental safeguards should be carefully examined."
- Excerpt: "Attracting new businesses to our region, not to mention nurturing local ones, requires investment from the state in the infrastructure that supports them. We need to look beyond toll roads. Central Texas needs a comprehensive, multi-modal transportation plan that will prepare us for future growth."
- See also: Austin, Texas municipal elections, 2014.
The city of Austin will hold elections for city council on November 4, 2014. The candidate filing deadline was August 18, 2014. Because of redistricting and term limits, there is no incumbent for District 6. Candidates include James T. Flannigan, Mackenzie Kelly, Lloyd "Pete" Phillips Jr., Matt Stillwell, Jay Wiley and Donald S. Zimmerman.
Stillwell ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 136. Stillwell ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election and was defeated by Tony Dale (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 136, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matt + Stillwell + Austin"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |