|Matthew E. Chandler|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|District Attorney of the Ninth Judicial District of New Mexico|
|High school||Clovis High School (1994)|
|Bachelor's||Eastern New Mexico University (1998)|
|J.D.||University of Tulsa College of Law (2001)|
- Graduated from Clovis High School (1994)
- Bachelor's degree, Eastern New Mexico University (1998) in sociology and criminal justice
- Juris Doctorate degree, University of Tulsa College of Law (2001)
Upon graduating from law school, Chandler spent a brief time in the private sector working as an attorney for a law practice based in Albuquerque. In 2002, he was named as an assistant to the District Attorney of Clovis, where, in his first two years, he achieved the highest conviction rate.
It was shortly after Chandler informed his boss, Brett Carter, that he sought to challenge him in the Republican primary contest that he was fired from the DA's office. Chandler believed that it was the lack of aggressive prosecution that direct results in the spike in violent crimes and methamphetamine production the area had seen around that time. He went on to defeat his former boss with sixty-two percent of the vote.
- Matthew Chandler ran unopposed in this contest
|2010 Race for Attorney General - General Election|
|Democratic Party||Gary King||53.7%|
|Republican Party||Matthew Chandler||46.3%|
According to Follow the Money, Chandler has raised $152,412 in 2010 for his state attorney general campaign as of September 24, 2010.
Listed below are the top five contributors:
|Mark B. Murphy||$5,000|
|Hank Baskett, III||$3,000|
Chandler currently resides in New Mexico with his wife, Mandi, and their four children - Mason, Miles, Merit, and Michael.
Matthew Chandler for Attorney General
P.O. Box 15178
Rio Rancho, NM 87174
Phone: (505) 306-8202
- Matthew Chandler's Facebook profile
- Project Vote Smart - Matthew Chandler biography
- Mattchandler2010.com 2010 Campaign website
The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine was used to recall this version of the website from May 16, 2010.
- Portales News-Tribune, "Matt Chandler running for state attorney general" 3 Feb. 2010 (dead link)
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election Results," accessed December 18, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2010 General Election Results," accessed December 18, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State - 2010 General Election Results (timed out)
- Follow the Money - Campaign Contributions for Matthew Chandler, 2010