|Former candidate for|
|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 46|
|High school||Lincoln High School|
Guerra's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "No More Tax Increases: It becomes harder and harder for businesses to attract customers when their products cost more than across state lines. 10% tax at restaurants is unacceptable."
Education: Unfunded Mandates and more
- Excerpt: "Unfunded Mandates - Education is meant to be a locally run operation, however the state government has been imposing their will on each city and town. My goal is to reduce these burdensome mandates on our cities and towns, thus placing educational decisions back in the hands of communities which these schools lie."
Taxes: Reduce taxes by Reducing our costs
- Excerpt: "In State Tuition for Illegal Immigrants: This is a policy that will cost Rhode Island up to $10,000 per illegal student enrolled in our state colleges. We need to repeal the Board of Governor's decision to bypass the legislative process on this issue."
Recertification of People Collecting Social Services
- Excerpt: "The Recertification process of recipients saved New York City 15% on their expenses"
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Jeremiah O'Grady defeated John J. Cullen in the Democratic primary, while Matthew Guerra was unopposed in the Republican primary. O'Grady defeated Guerra in the general election.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 46, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Jeremiah O'Grady Incumbent||66.2%||3,502|
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 46 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Jeremiah O'Grady Incumbent||71.1%||1,312|
|John J. Cullen||28.9%||532|
Guerra ran for election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island House of Representatives District 46. Guerra was unopposed in the September 11 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Jeremiah O'Grady (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Guerra opposes tax increases, supports the use of E-verify for employers, and seeks to repeal burdensome unfunded mandates.
Guerra was the Republican candidate for District 46 of the Rhode Island House of Representatives. He was unopposed in the September 14 Republican primary and was defeated by Democrat Jeremiah O'Grady in the November 2 general election.
|Rhode Island House District 46|
|Jeremiah O'Grady (D)||2150|
|Matthew Guerra (R)||1596|
|C. Kevin McCarthy (I)||520|
|Paul Didomenico (I)||127|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matthew + Guerra + Rhode + Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Rhode Island House of Representatives District 46
- Rhode Island House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Official campaign website
- Matthew Guerra on Facebook
- Matthew Guerra on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Primary candidate list for 2014
- Matthew Guerra's campaign website, "Issues," accessed October 20, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Results: Representative in General Assembly," accessed September 26, 2014
- Rhode Island Board of Elections, "Official 2014 general election results," accessed December 4, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 9, 2012
- Matthewguerra.com, "Issues," accessed October 18, 2012
- Unofficial results for Rhode Island District 46 state representative Republican primary, 9/14/2010
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2010 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014