|Governor of Colorado|
Hess is a systems administrator. He previously ran for Douglas County Commissioner of District 2 in 2012.
Hess describes his political philosophy as follows: "Spreading the message of freedom and liberty in Colorado. Reversing the gun control legislation, cutting taxes, and getting government out of the way of businesses."
On The Issues Vote Match
- See also: On The Issues Vote Match
On The Issues conducts a VoteMatch analysis of elected officials based on 20 issue areas. Rather than relying on incumbents to complete the quiz themselves, the VoteMatch analysis is conducted using voting records, statements to the media, debate transcripts or citations from books authored by or about the candidate. Based on the results of the quiz, Hess is a Hard-Core Libertarian. Hess received a score of 82 percent on social issues and 100 percent on economic issues.Cite error: Invalid
refs with no content must have a name
The table below contains the results of analysis compiled by staff at On The Issues.
|On The Issues Vote Quiz|
|Economic Issues||Social Issues|
|Legally require hiring women & minorities||Strongly Opposes||Abortion is a woman's unrestricted right||Favors|
|Expand ObamaCare||Strongly Opposes||Comfortable with same-sex marriage||Favors|
|Vouchers for school choice||Strongly Favors||Keep God in the public sphere||Strongly Opposes|
|Absolute right to gun ownership||Strongly Favors||Human needs over animal rights||Favors|
|Higher taxes on the wealthy||Strongly Opposes||Stricter punishment reduces crime||Opposes|
|Support & expand free trade||Strongly Favors||Pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens||Strongly Favors|
|Stricter limits on political campaign funds||Strongly Favors||Maintain US sovereignty from UN||Strongly Favors|
|Prioritize green energy||Strongly Opposes||Expand the military||Strongly Opposes|
|Stimulus better than market-led recovery||Strongly Opposes||Stay out of Iran||Strongly Favors|
|Privatize Social Security||Strongly Favors||Never legalize marijuana||Strongly Opposes|
|Note: Information last updated: June 23, 2014.|
- See also: Colorado Gubernatorial election, 2014
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Matthew + Hess + Governor + Colorado
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Denver Post, "Oh, Hickenlooper has a challenger after all," February 3, 2013
- Bio submission to Ballotpedia, April 5, 2013
- The questions in the quiz are broken down into two sections -- social and economic. In social questions, liberals and libertarians agree in choosing the less-government answers, while conservatives and populists agree in choosing the more-restrictive answers. For the economic questions, conservatives and libertarians agree in choosing the less-government answers, while liberals and populists agree in choosing the more-restrictive answers.
- On The Issues, "Matthew Hess Vote Match," accessed June 23, 2014
State of Colorado
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources | Executive Director of Labor and Employment | Chair of Public Utilities |