|Nevada State Assembly, District 3|
Tramp's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Economic Prosperity & Job Growth
- Excerpt: "Nevada cannot solely rely on the casino and resort industry for job and economic growth. In order for us to prosper in the future we need to look for new alternatives and incentives to attract new businesses to Nevada. We must strategically reinvest resources in Nevada’s infrastructure, including developing an Interstate 11 and investing in renewable energy and information technology."
Investing in Education
- Excerpt: "Improving the quality of our educational system is a key asset for economic diversity in attracting new businesses and their families to Nevada. We must provide adequate funding and resources for our schools and prepare children for the workforce in the future including funding for English Language Learners, early childhood education and small class sizes. We need supply school districts the resources they need to recruit and retain the highest quality teachers. Adequately funding education should always be the States first priority and last area to receive cuts."
Broadening Nevada’s Tax Base
- Excerpt: "Nevada’s Tax base is out dated and depends way too much on Gaming and Tourism to produce revenue. Nevada needs to create a more long-term and stable tax system including a margin tax. We also need to strip the mining industry’s constitutional tax protection."
Government Transparency an Accountability
- Excerpt: "We need a government that has full accountability and transparency in every state department in which our tax dollars are spent. Nevada Citizens have a right to an efficient government that works for us and have public access to information on how every dollar is being spent."
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nevada State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 10, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Nelson Araujo defeated Danny Alires, Chris Barry, Felipe Rodriguez, Matthew Tramp and Nakia Woodson in the Democratic primary. Jesus Marquez was unopposed in the Republican primary. Araujo and Marquez will face off in the general election.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 3 Democratic Primary, 2014|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2012
|Nevada State Assembly, District 3 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Peggy Pierce Incumbent||69.4%||1,103|
|Matthew J. Tramp||30.6%||487|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matthew + Tramp + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Nevada State Assembly
- Nevada State Legislature
- Nevada State Assembly elections, 2014
- Nevada State Assembly District 3
- Official campaign website
- Matthew Tramp on Facebook
- Matthew Tramp on Twitter
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2014 Filed Candidates"
- Clark County, 2014 candidate list
- Washoe County, 2014 candidate list
- Tramp 4 Nevada, "On the Issues," accessed May 19, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2014 filed candidates," accessed April 8, 2014
- Clark County, "Candidate filing," accessed April 8, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Nevada Primary Election 2014," accessed June 10, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Clark County, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Washoe County, "2012 General Election candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Official Results of the 2012 Primary Election," accessed April 23, 2014