|New Jersey General Assembly, District 13|
|High school||Middletown High School South, 1998|
|Associate's||Brookdale Community College|
Morehead earned his certification in Phlebotomy from Brookdale Community College. His professional experience includes working in hospitals and private laboratories, as well as owning and operating Sudzy Puppy, a mobile pet grooming business.
- "To advocate for those still homeless after Superstorm Sandy, and are in real fear of losing their homes to red tape and unresponsive insurance companies."
- "To ensure that State contracts are properly vetted as part of a transparent bidding process, ensuring that there is more than one bid for a contract."
- "To revamp the state’s antiquated tax code allowing individuals and small business to claim losses to property and promote capital spending."
- "To create state tax incentives for small businesses equal in proportion to that enjoyed by major corporations."
Morehead ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 13. Morehead was bracketed with Allison Friedman. He was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. He was defeated by incumbent Amy Handlin (R) and incumbent Declan O'Scanlon (R) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
In 2013, Morehead’s endorsements included the following:
- The New Jersey AFL-CIO
Morehead resides in Redbank, NJ.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matthew + Morehead + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Morehead's Campaign website
- Matthew Morehead on Facebook
- Matthew Morehead on twitter
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates," accessed April 15, 2013
- "Matthew Morehead on Facebook," accessed May 8, 2013
- Official Campaign website of Allison Friedman and Matthew Morehead,accessed September 5, 2013
- Atlantic Highlands Herald, "Candidate Profile: Matthew Morehead, Candidate for 13th Legislative District, NJ State Assembly," March 30, 2013
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 General Assembly general election candidates," accessed April 10, 2014
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
- PolitickerNJ.com, "AFL-CIO endorses candidates for elections," accessed September 4, 2013
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |