|U.S. House, Texas, District 12|
|Place of birth||Albany, New York|
|Profession||Senior Project Manager|
Solodow is a certified Senior Project Manager. He has worked for a number of companies, including Southwest Airlines, Capital One Bank, FedEx, RadioShack, Microsoft, Compaq/HP, Sprint and Verizon.
Solodow's campaign website listed the following issues:
- No more bailouts
- Excerpt: "Republicans and Democrats keep interfering in our economy, making taxpayers pay when big businesses make bad decisions. That just encourages them to act irresponsibly. The government should stop picking winners and losers."
- End foreign wars
- Excerpt: "Republicans used to say they opposed nation-building, yet they have led nation-building efforts in countries such as Iraq and Afghanistan. Democrats promised to end the wars abroad, but they have only prolonged them. We need to end our policies of foreign interventionism now, stop the drone attacks, and bring our troops home."
- End the war on drugs
- Excerpt: "The war on drugs has been expensive and destructive. The government has thrown people in prison who never hurt anyone, and has also created huge violent black markets. Drug abuse can be a serious health issue, but it should not be a crime."
- Shut down federal departments
- Excerpt: "We need to shut down federal departments such as Education, Commerce and Homeland Security. Republicans have often promised to reduce these departments, but have not followed through on these promises."
- No more farm subsidies
- Excerpt: "Politicians from agricultural states use farm subsidies to buy votes. Farmers don't need subsidies, and most of the benefits go to huge agribusinesses. Let's reduce the burden on taxpayers by ending farm subsidies."
Solodow ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Texas' 12th District. He ran as a Libertarian candidate. He ran against incumbent Kay Granger (R) and Dave Robinson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Texas District 12 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kay Granger Incumbent||70.9%||175,649|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
Solodow and his wife, Alana, have two children and live in Kellar, Texas.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Matthew + Solodow + Texas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 12th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 12th Congressional District
- Texas Tribune, "U.S. House elections brackets," accessed January 7, 2014
- Politico, "2012 Election Map, Texas," November 6, 2012
- Campaign website, "About," accessed January 21, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 21, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Federal Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- Texas Libertarian Party, "Candidate list," accessed June 10, 2012 (dead link)
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |