Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Colorado House of Representatives District 5|
Zielinski's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "TABOR (Taxpayer Bill of Rights) is one of the biggest advantages that we as Coloradans have over residents of other states. It gives the voters and taxpayers of Colorado the final say on how we are taxed. Rep. Duran calls TABOR a “"fiscal knot" because it doesn’t let her make tax decisions for us. I will oppose any measure to take this power away from the people."
- Excerpt: "Charities are the best and most efficient way for Coloradans to make a positive impact in their communities. For too long we have been told that in order to be compassionate we must hand over our money to bureaucrats and central planners so that they can decide what is best for the less fortunate. It is time for Coloradans to decide what causes are best! I will sponsor legislation that will create a double deduction for taxpayers donating to charities that preform their work in Colorado."
- Gas Prices/Energy
- Excerpt: "I understand that gas prices are not controlled by the state, but it is time for the legislature to make every effort to help keep energy affordable for Coloradans. Currently the state taxes the gas that you buy even if you don’t have a job or can’t afford it! I would propose temporary reductions in the state’s excise tax on gasoline during periods of high unemployment like the one we are experiencing right now."
- Equal Rights for All
- Excerpt: "I believe in equal rights for all people regardless of age, gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation."
Zielinski ran in the 2012 election for Colorado House of Representatives District 5 as a write-in candidate. He was defeated by Ronnie Nelson in the June 26 Republican primary. Nelson faces incumbent Crisanta Duran in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 5 Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Matthew + Zielinski + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.