|Iowa House of Representatives District 9|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Bailey served in the United States Army in Iraq and Afghanistan.
He is Founder and President of the University of Iowa Veterans Association, and a Veterans Advisor with the University of Iowa Veterans Center.
- Economic Growth (Vice Chair)
- Subcommittee on International Relations
- Subcommittee on Transportation, Infrastructure, and Capitals Appropriations (Vice Chair)
- Veterans Affairs
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 9 General Election (2010)|
|Stewart Iverson, Jr. (R)||5,498|
|McKinley Bailey (D)||4,801|
On November 4, 2008, Bailey was re-elected to the 9th District Seat in the Iowa House of Representatives, defeating Jamie Johnson (R). Bailey raised $189,793 for his campaign, while Johnson raised $179,873.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 9|
|McKinley Bailey (D)||7,376|
|Jamie Johnson (R)||5,965|
In 2008 Bailey collected $189,793 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Democratic Party||$97,564|
|Master Builders of Iowa||$6,000|
|Iowa Bankers Association||$5,000|
|All Children Matter||$4,183|
- McKinley Bailey's Personal Website (timed out)
- McKinley Bailey on the Iowa Legislature Website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Bailey
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2008 Iowa House candidates," accessed April 7, 2014
- 2008 Contributions to McKinley Bailey
|Iowa House of Representatives District 9
| Succeeded by|
Stewart Iverson, Jr.
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |