Meg Burton Cahill
|Meg Burton Cahill|
|Arizona State Senate District 17|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Cahill earned her B.F.A. from Arizona State University in 1976 and her M.P.A. from Arizona State University in 1998. Her professional experience includes working as a ceramics instructor for the City of Tempe, ceramic artist at the O'Bair Studio, ceramics instructor for the City of Scottsdale, Information Officer for the Arizona State Senate, intern at the Arizona Commission on the Arts, ceramic artist for Tir na nog Studio and field instructor for the Arizona State University School of Public Programs School of Social Work.
Cahill served on the following committees:
- Government Institutions Committee, Arizona Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Arizona Senate
- Veterans and Military Affairs Committee, Arizona Senate
See Meg Burton Cahill's official website for a list of sponsored legislation.
Cahill was eligible, but did not seek re-election in 2010.
- See also: Arizona State Senate elections, 2008
In 2008 Cahill was elected to the Arizona State Senate, District 17 a year after being appointed to the position. She finished with 35,720 votes while her opponent Jesse Hernandez finished with 22,303 votes. Cahill raised $13,236 for her campaign fund.
|Arizona State Senate, District 17|
|Meg Burton Cahill (D)||35,720|
|Jesse Hernandez (R)||22,303|
In 2008 Cahill raised $13,236 in campaign donations. $12,091 of that was public funds.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Meg + Cahill + Arizona + Senate" Meg Cahill News Feed
- Arizona State Legislature
- Arizona State Senate
- Arizona Senate Committees
- Arizona state legislative districts
- Official Arizona State Senate website of Senator Meg Burton Cahill
- Campaign Contributions: 2008 2006 2004
- Sen. Cahill on State Surge
|Arizona State Senate District 17
| Succeeded by|