|North Carolina House Of Representatives District 66|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Goodwin received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill in 1992. She earned her law degree from Campbell University in 2000. She is an attorney. She and her husband, Wade, have one child, Madison.
- Subcommittee on Justice and Public Safety
- Subcommittee on Community Colleges
- Election Law and Campaign Finance Reform Committee, North Carolina House
- Judiciary I Committee, North Carolina House
- Juvenile Justice Committee, North Carolina House
- Transportation Committee, North Carolina House
Goodwin initially declared for election and won the Democratic primary on May 4. However, she dropped out and chose to vacate her seat.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 66|
|Melanie Goodwin (D)||22,173|
In 2008, Goodwin collected $32,613 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|NORTH CAROLINA ADVOCATES FOR JUSTICE||$2,000|
|NORTH CAROLINA HOSPITAL ASSOCIATION||$1,500|
|NORTH CAROLINA POULTRY FEDERATION||$1,350|
|NORTH CAROLINA DENTAL SOCIETY||$1,250|
|MORRIS, JACKIE L||$1,200|
- North Carolina House of Representative - Rep. Goodwin
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Representative Goodwin's LinkedIn
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |