|Illinois House of Representatives, District 113|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Belleville City Council|
|2011 - Present|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Place of birth||Belleville, Illinois|
Hult's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Repeal the 67% Quinn-Hoffman Tax Increase
- Excerpt: "The Hoffman-Quinn legislation increased our income tax by 67 percent. The result – a $7 billion tax increase on Illinois families and employers. Melinda Hult has pledged to vote to repeal the Hoffman-Quinn tax hike."
- Jumpstart our Economy with Jobs
- Excerpt: "We need to create a positive environment for businesses and employers, and stop chasing them out of the State with unnecessary taxes, lawsuits and regulations. We need to give employers more of an incentive to do business in Illinois. Politicians don’t create jobs, business owners do!"
- Curb Wasteful Spending
- Excerpt: " We cannot afford to keep traveling down a path of tax increases to fix another hole in the budget; cuts in government must be made. We are unable to continue spending money that we do not have."
- Pro Life
- Excerpt: "I believe that life begins at conception, and that life is precious. Families are the core of our society. I will support legislation that protects these beliefs and strengthens families."
- Gun Rights
- Excerpt: " I am a proud member of the NRA. The 2nd Amendment of the Constitution is clear about our Right to Bear Arms. Recent Supreme Court rulings have held that laws that infringe on our 2nd Amendment right are unconstitutional."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Jay C. Hoffman ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Melinda Hult ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Hoffman and Hult will face off in the general election.
Hult ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 113. Hult was unopposed in the March 20 Republican primary and was defeated by Jay Hoffman (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 113, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jay C. Hoffman||65.6%||29,304|
In 2012, Hult's endorsements included the following:
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.
- Tax Accountability
- Illinois Homeschool PAC
Hult and her husband, Ralph have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Melinda + Hult + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Melinda Hult, "Issues," accessed October 25, 2012
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- Melinda Hult, "Endorsements," accessed October 25, 2012
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |