Melody J. Saxton
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kansas House of Representatives District 65|
|Bachelor's||Colorado State University (1973) & United Church of Religious Science University (1994)|
|Date of birth||June 26, 1951|
|Place of birth||Grandlake, Colorado|
Saxton works as the Bioterrorism Coordinator/Public Health Emergency Preparedness Planner and grant writer at the Junction City-Geary County Health Department.
Saxton's profile on Vote-KS.org highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: " I believe that as a community, the people of District 65 have not been represented. An example is the vote for a destination casino. The community voted for, but our representatives did not work to bring the casino to Junction City."
- Excerpt: "I will work to bring a destination casino to Junction City."
- Excerpt: "I believe that the people of Kansas need affordable medical insurance, including dental insurance."
- Excerpt: " I believe family farms need special tax breaks to support their continuation. I also believe that children who want to continue the family farm should receive tuition credits in agriculture and animal husbandry to encourage their desires."
- Excerpt: "I will work to put a limit on property tax to prevent it from being increased at a rate higher than the rate of inflation."
Saxton ran for election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 65. She tied with opponent Tom Brungardt in the August 7 Democratic primary, leaving the race to be decided by a coin toss, which she won. She was defeated by Allan Rothlisberg (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 65, General Election, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 65 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Melody J. Saxton||50%||206|
Saxton and her husband Jay have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Melody + Saxton + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |