|Idaho House of Representatives, District 8B|
|December 1, 2014 - Present|
|November 30, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Beyeler served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Environment, Energy, and Technology|
|• Health and Welfare|
Elections for the office of Idaho House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Jocelyn Francis Plass was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Merrill Beyeler defeated incumbent Lenore Hardy Barrett and Brent Adamson in the Republican primary. Plass was defeated by Beyeler in the general election.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 8B, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Jocelyn Francis Plass||26.9%||4,179|
|Independent||Mike Barrett (Write-in)||6.9%||1,073|
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 8B Republican Primary, 2014|
|Lenore Hardy Barrett Incumbent||34.2%||2,676|
Beyeler ran in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 8B. Beyeler lost against District 35B incumbent Lenore Hardy Barrett, K. LaVon Dresen and Kenny Keene in the Republican primary on May 15, 2012. Victoria Casetta lost to Cindy Phelps in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives District 8B Republican Primary, 2012|
|K. LaVon Dresen||7.4%||543|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Merrill + Beyeler + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho State Legislature
- Idaho House of Representatives
- Idaho House Committees
- Idaho state legislative districts
- Idaho House of Representatives - Rep. Merrill Beyeler
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Open States
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed November 20, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary candidates," accessed April 11, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed July 4, 2012
Lenore Barrett (R)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 8B
| Succeeded by|