|Michigan House of Representatives District 4|
|Bachelor's||Kaplan University, 2012 (legal studies)|
White ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 4. He is running against Carol Banks, Marcelus Brice, Paris Canty, Mohammed Hassan, Adam Hollier, Ernest Little, Rose Mary Robinson, Beverly Tran, Jonathan Wright and Robert Zwolak in the Democratic primary on August 7.
White's campaign themes, as listed on his official campaign website, include:
- Bringing pride and hope back to our community
- Protecting our seniors
- Promoting safety and security
- Providing integrity in our government
He has stated, "I would propose legislation that would focus on our infrastructure and create transportation projects. These projects would immediately create jobs, which would immediately start putting people back to work. There are thousands of trade and low-skilled workers out of work who really, really need jobs. Fixing our infrastructure will not only provide jobs, but it will also promote an environment that will attract entrepreneurs and investors back into the city."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mervin + White + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 4, 2012
- Associated Press, "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
- Mervin White for State Representative-4th District, "Platform," accessed August 3, 2012
- Bio submission to Ballotpedia, August 4, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |