|Florida House Of Representatives District 14|
|November 2008 - Present|
|November 18, 2014|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||Florida A&M University (1991)|
|Master's||Florida A&M University (1992)|
|Birthday||April 26, 1968|
|Place of birth||Jacksonville, Florida|
|Religion||Bethel Baptist Institutional Church|
Jones served as Supervisor of Affirmative Action for Duval County Public Schools in 1995, was Equal Employment Opportunity Assistant in the Mayor's Office of Equal Employment from 1992-1995, and former Director of Minority Business Affairs for Duval County Public Schools.
She is a member of the Bethel Baptist Institutional Church, Healthy Start Coalition Advisory Board, and Jacksonville Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Jones did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Jones's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 409 - "Pub. Rec./Personal Identifying & Health Information/Public Educational Institution Employees: Provides exemption from public records requirements for personal identifying information of employees of public educational institutions in state, & spouses & children of such employees, & for personal health information of such employees, & spouses & children of such employees, held by public educational institution pursuant to employee's participation in group health insurance plan or program"
- HB 829 - "Injunctions for Protection Against Domestic Violence, Repeat Violence, Sexual Violence, or Dating Violence: Requires sheriff, after sheriff or other law enforcement officer has served such injunction upon respondent, to notify petitioner within specified period that respondent has been served if petitioner has requested notification & has registered telephone number or email address with sheriff"
- HB 875 - "Landlord-Tenant Relations: Requires clerk of court to furnish certain documents & notices to certain occupants of property involved in foreclosure proceeding"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Jones served on the following committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health & Human Services|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jones served on these committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health & Human Services, Ranking Minority Member|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Jones served on these committees:
|Florida Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Elder & Family Services Policy|
|• PreK-12 Policy|
|• State Universities & Private Colleges Appropriations|
Jones won election in the 2012 election for Florida House of Representatives District 14. Jones ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012, and defeated Jonathan William Loesche (L) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Florida House of Representatives, District 14, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mia Jones Incumbent||78.7%||51,626|
Jones won re-election to the 14th District seat in 2010. She had no opposition in the August 24th primary or in the general election, which took place on November 2.
In 2008, Jones won election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 14th District, defeating Sarah Lovett (R). Jones received 44,990 votes in the election while Lovett received 15,876 votes. Jones raised $193,031 for her campaign; Lovett raised $9,746.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 14|
|Mia Jones (D)||44,990||73.9%|
|Sarah Lovett (R)||15,876||26.1%|
Comprehensive donor information for Jones is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Jones raised a total of $321,468 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 28, 2013.
|Mia Jones's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Florida State House, District 14||$93,457|
|2010||Florida State House, District 14||$34,980|
|2008||Florida State House, District 14||$193,031|
|Grand Total Raised||$321,468|
Jones won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Jones raised a total of $93,457.
|Florida House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mia Jones's campaign in 2012|
|Florida Democratic Party||$20,000|
|Hospital Corp of America||$3,500|
|Florida Dental Association||$1,000|
|Hartman & Tyner||$1,000|
|Florida Medical Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$93,457|
|Source:[Jones Follow the Money]|
Jones won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Jones raised a total of $34,980.
|Florida House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mia Jones's campaign in 2010|
|Florida Health Care Association||$1,000|
|Florida Hospital Association||$1,000|
|Florida Association of Realtors||$1,000|
|Hospital Corp of America||$1,000|
|Hand, Christopher J||$625|
|Total Raised in 2010||$34,980|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Jones won election to the Florida House of Representatives in 2008. During that election cycle, Jones raised a total of $193,031.
|Florida House of Representatives 2008 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mia Jones's campaign in 2008|
|Florida Institute of Cpas||$4,000|
|Jacksonville Greyhound Racing||$2,000|
|Florida Association of Realtors||$2,000|
|Florida Hospital Association||$2,000|
|Mitigation Solutions Ltd||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2008||$193,031|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Mia + Jones + Florida + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The Search for the Magic Fig Leaf - Daily Caller
- The one place in the world where the U.S. Congress is loved: Europe - Daily Caller
- McConnell campaign, tea party activist publicly spar over primary challenge - Daily Caller
- Sen. Jeff Sessions: Senators turned immigration over to secret meetings and ... - Daily Caller
- FL House Dem leader Rouson bashed by fellow Dems as 'a divider.' - MiamiHerald.com (blog)
- Hello total information awareness, goodbye freedom - Daily Caller
- Irish Anti-Choicers Furious That Women May Live - Raw Story
- Potential Zimmerman juror expresses safety concerns - Daily Caller
- Little kid wants to meet Iron Man, gets Robert Downey Jr. instead [PHOTO - Daily Caller]
- Report Card: Florida Chamber Gives Most (GOP) Legislators an 'A' - Sunshine State News
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Mia Jones' House site
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Mia Jones
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2008
- Mia Jones on Facebook
- Mia Jones on Twitter
- Mia Jones on LinkedIn
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Jones Biography
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Jones Issue Positions
- ↑ Florida Secretary of State Election Division "Candidate List" Accessed June 21, 2012
- ↑ Florida Election Watch - 2010 Election results
- ↑ Florida House official election results for 2008
- ↑ District 14 Florida House candidate funds, 2008
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Jones, Mia," accessed May 28, 2013
|Florida House of Representatives District 14
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |
Sunshine Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of School Districts |