|West Virginia Public Service Commission|
|February 2007 - Present|
|June 30, 2013|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Governor of West Virginia|
|Bachelor's||West Virginia University|
|J.D.||West Virginia University College of Law|
After graduating with a BSBA in accounting from West Virginia University, Albert was commissioned as an officer in the U.S. Navy. He served a tour of duty in Vietnam and received an Honorable discharge. He returned to WVU and earned a law degree and later worked in the Business Law department of Jackson Kelly, PLLC, focusing on "public utilities and business and commercial transactions."
He currently serves as the President of the Board of Directors of the Kanawha County Public Library and is a past member of the Board of Directors for the Education Alliance, Junior Achievement of Kanawha County, and the WVU Law School Visiting Committee.
- BSBA, Accounting, West Virginia University
- JD, West Virginia University College of Law
West Virginia Public Service Commission (2007 - Present)
Albert has served on the commission since February 2007. His current term expires June 30, 2013.
Albert was re-appointed to a full, six-year term ending June 30, 2013.
Albert was first appointed to the commission in February 2007 to fill an unexpired term ending June 30, 2007.
Albert lives in Charleston with his wife, Laura Lee. Together, they have three children and five grandsons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Albert + West + Virginia"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ayers: Obama gets a 'failing grade' as president - Daily Caller
- Author, teacher of endangered Lakota language dies - KEYC TV
- Easton Area High School graduates 686 - Allentown Morning Call
- Syrian pound tumbles on US plans to arm rebels - KEYC TV
- AT&T to allow presidential alerts to your phone that you can't turn off - Daily Caller
- Red scare: Blind Chinese dissident claims Chinese communist conquest of US ... - Daily Caller
- Lil Wayne steps on American flag [VIDEO - Daily Caller]
- Fayette County arrest reports ? June 4?10 - The Citizen.com
- Thirty-two faculty members transfer to emeritus status - Princeton University
- Netflix cuts original TV deal with DreamWorks - Business, Government Legal ... - State Journal
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- West Virginia Public Service Commission
- Commissioner biographies
- National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
|West Virginia Public Service Commission
2007 - present
| Succeeded by|
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |