|West Virginia Public Service Commission|
|February 2007 - Present|
|June 30, 2019|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Joe Manchin|
|Bachelor's||West Virginia University|
|J.D.||West Virginia University College of Law|
After graduating with a BSBA in accounting from West Virginia University, Albert was commissioned as an officer in the U.S. Navy. He served a tour of duty in Vietnam and received an Honorable discharge. He returned to WVU and earned a law degree and later worked in the Business Law department of Jackson Kelly, PLLC, focusing on "public utilities and business and commercial transactions."
He currently serves as the President of the Board of Directors of the Kanawha County Public Library and is a past member of the Board of Directors for the Education Alliance, Junior Achievement of Kanawha County, and the WVU Law School Visiting Committee.
- BSBA, Accounting, West Virginia University
- JD, West Virginia University College of Law
West Virginia Public Service Commission (2007 - Present)
Albert served on the commission since February 2007. He was first appointed by Gov. Joe Manchin for a partial term and appointed to a full term that began July 1, 2007. He was re-appointed for a full six-year term by Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin on May 20, 2013.
Albert was first appointed to the commission in February 2007 to fill an unexpired term ending June 30, 2007. He was re-appointed to a full, six-year term ending June 30, 2013.
Albert lives in Charleston with his wife, Laura Lee. Together, they have three children and five grandsons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Albert + West + Virginia"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- West Virginia Public Service Commission
- Commissioner biographies
- National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- West Virginia Public Service Commission website, "Meet our chairman and commissioners," accessed September 5, 2011
- State Journal, "Tomblin reappoints PSC’s Albert; expired McKinney seat still unclear," July 28, 2013
- State Journal, "Tomblin reappoints PSC’s Albert; expired McKinney seat still unclear," June 28, 2013
|West Virginia Public Service Commission
2007 - present
| Succeeded by|
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |