Michael "Mike" Aldapa
|California State Assembly, District 53|
|High school||Cantwell High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern California|
|Other||Rio Hondo Police Academy|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
was a 2014 Democratic
candidate for District 53
of the California State Assembly
. He ran unsuccessfully for the same seat in 2012
Aldapa grew up in California, graduating from Cantwell High School in 1984. He earned his Peace Officer Standards and Training certificate from Rio Hondo Police Academy in 1992 and his B.A. in Public Administration from the University of Southern California in 1993. His professional experience includes working as a fitness instructor for the Weingart East Los Angeles YMCA and community organizer. He served in the United States Army from 1991 to 1998, reaching the rank of First Lieutenant and working as a member of the United States Army Military Police Corps.
Aldapa submitted the following statement to Ballotpedia:
|| I will initiate and support bills and laws that will protect and preserve the civil rights,and prosperity of everyone,no mattar the gender,race,or creed.I will fight for veteran services.I will fight for woman's equality and opportunities.I will fight for gay rights.I will protect our senior citizen benefits.I will improve the quality of our public schools,and increase youth- after school,and sports programs.Develop employment opportunities,by providing new job skill- job training, for our displaced workers who have not been employed for a long period of time.Be a advocate of health and fitness,and stop the bullying in school! Create ways to support single parents,and provide very affordable,and safe day care! Ensure that everyone has a roof over their heads,and food on the table.Lastly,I want to unite everyone in our district,so that together,we can accomplish more for everyone! No mattar if you are democrat or Republican,latino or asian,catholic or jew,I will bring everyone together,so that we can stop this wasteful bickering and work together for the common good of everyone!
- See also: California State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of California State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Sandra Mendoza (D) and Miguel Santiago (D) defeated Michael "Mike" Aldapa (D) and Michelle "Hope" Walker (D) in the blanket primary. Mendoza will face Santiago in the general election.
|California State Assembly, District 53 Blanket Primary, 2014
|| Michelle Walker
|| Michael Aldapa
- See also: California State Assembly elections, 2012
Aldapa ran in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 53. He was eliminated in the blanket primary on June 5, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 53 Blanket Primary, 2012
||John Perez Incumbent
|| Roger Young
||Jose Trinidad Aguilar
Aldapa has one son.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Michael + Aldapa + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Michael Aldapa News Feed
- ↑ Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on March 31, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed July 15, 2014
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 13, 2014
- ↑ Facebook, "Michael Aldapa, About," accessed March 31, 2014