was a 2014 Libertarian
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 50th Congressional District
Benoit sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 50th Congressional District of California in 2012.
Benoit's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Economy: "We are in a recession. Inflation, especially food and gas prices, is beginning to eat up people's budgets while unemployment is rising. There can be no doubt that things are much worse today than they were just a few years ago."
- Taxes: "We all know that the government needs to tax people to pay for the cost of government. I have no problem with that. However, we should only be asked to pay for a government which secures our inalienable rights, not one that plunders them. We should never sanction any form of taxation that is designed to transfer wealth, and enslave one group for the benefit of another."
- States Rights: "The federal government was set up to be our foreign government, and the state and local governments to be our domestic governments. Think of it this way: the federal government is to deal with all those issues, foreign to the state jurisdiction, military, post offices, coinage, and relations with other countries, which would include handling disputes between the states."
- Social Security: "It should be clear to most that this so-called retirement system is doomed to failure. Of course, the insidious nature of the beast led us to believe it would be a great system to help the aged."
- Border War: "I know of only one way to win a war, and that is to destroy the enemy outright. Of course, we should not be at war with a people who are trying to find work to feed their families. Maybe if we were to stop supporting a corrupt Mexican government with 31 billion dollar bailouts, we would not have so many Mexican citizens attempting to come here for work."
—Michael Benoit's campaign website, http://www.mikebenoit.net/index.html
- See also: California's 50th Congressional District elections, 2014
Benoit ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 50th District. Benoit was defeated in the blanket primary on June 3, 2014.
|U.S. House, California District 50 Primary, 2014
Duncan D. Hunter Incumbent
|| Michael Benoit
|Source: California Secretary of State
- See also: California's 50th Congressional District elections, 2012
Benoit ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 50th District. He was defeated in the open primary on June 5, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Benoit + California + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Michael Benoit News Feed
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 28, 2014
- ↑ Campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 28, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- ↑ The New York Times, "California Primary Results," June 3, 2014
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," November 6, 2012