Michael Bond (Illinois politician)
|Illinois State Senate District 31|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Bond graduated with his Bachelor's Degree in Economics from Southern Illinois-Carbondale in 1992 and his Master's in Business Administration from Roosevelt University in 1997. Before becoming a full-time Senator, Bond was the Director of Corporate Finance for Allstate Insurance's corporate headquarters based in Northbrook, IL.
Bond serves on these committees:
- Appropriations II
- Telecommunications and Technology Chairman
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2010
Bond lost his bid for re-election to the 31st District Seat in the Illinois State Senate to Democrat Suzi Schmidt. The election took place on November 2, 2010. Bond ran unopposed in the Democratic primary election on February 2nd.
|Illinois State Senate, District 30 (2006)|
|Michael Bond (D)||30,546|
|Suzanne Simpson (R)||29,434|
In 2006, Bond collected $345,159 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Lake County Federation of Teachers Local 504||$16,535|
|Friends of Terry Link||$12,500|
|ACME Refining Scrap Iron & Metal Co.||$10,000|
|Illinois Senate Democratic Fund||$10,000|
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 881||$7,786|
|Illinois Education Association||$7,029|
|Friends of Don Harmon||$7,000|
|Knight Partners LLC||$5,500|
|8th District Democrats & Independents||$5,400|
|Construction & General Laborers District Council of Chicago & Vicinity||$5,000|
|Friends of Clayborne||$5,000|
|Community Bankers Association of Illinois||$4,700|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$4,200|
|Illinois Pipe Trades||$3,500|
|Illinois Federation of Teachers||$3,500|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$3,000|
Bond represents Illinois Senate District 31. District 31 includes the Northwest Chicago suburbs of Grayslake and Round Lake Beach.
Michael is married to Jennifer Bond. They have three children and reside in Grayslake, Illinois.
- Bond's campaign website
- Sen. Bond's website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Bond's campaign facebook
- Illinois General Assembly, "List of Illinois Senate Committees," July 28, 2009
- Chicago Tribune, "2010 Election Results
- Illinois Democratic Party, "2010 Illinois Primary Election Results," February 3, 2010
- Illinois Senate election results for 2006
- Bond Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009 (dead link)
|Illinois Senate District 31
| Succeeded by|