|Iowa State Senate District 28|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Place of birth||Colesburg, Iowa|
Breitbach earned his B.S. in Accounting and Business from Loras College.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Breitbach served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Natural Resources & Environment|
Breitbach's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Our families have to live within our budgets. We need to insure that our state and federal government does the same."
- Excerpt:"I believe we need to reevaluate our government's role and reestablish the role of individuals and families."
- Excerpt:"I have a proven record of solving problems in business and I want to bring that approach to state government."
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Breitbach ran in the 2012 election for Iowa State Senate District 28. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012 and defeated John Beard in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 28, General Election, 2012|
Breitbach was a Republican candidate for District 24 of the Iowa House of Representatives in the November 2, 2010, state legislative elections. Breitbach was defeated by Roger Thomas (D) in the November 2 general election.
Comprehensive donor information for Breitbach is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Breitbach raised a total of $207,879 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Michael Breitbach's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State Senate, District 28||$188,756|
|2010||Iowa State House, District 24||$19,123|
|Grand Total Raised||$207,879|
2012Breitbach won election to the Iowa State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Breitbach raised a total of $188,756.
|Iowa State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael Breitbach's campaign in 2012|
|Iowa Republican Party||$89,463|
|Iowa Farm Bureau||$4,275|
|Master Builders Of Iowa||$4,000|
|Iowa Bankers Association||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$188,756|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Mike and his wife, Theresa, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Michael + Breitbach + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sen. Breitbach's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- friendsforbreitbach.com "Official Campaign Website," accessed April 8, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 18, 2012
- Iowa Secretary of State "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 8, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Breitbach, Michael," accessed September 19, 2013
James Seymour (R)
|Iowa State Senate District 28
| Succeeded by|