Michael Castle (West Virginia)
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 51|
|Bachelor's||Bridgewater State College|
|Master's||West Virginia University|
Castle's professional experience includes working as an adjunct professor at West Virginia University. He earned his B.S. in physical education from Bridgewater State College and his MBA from West Virginia University.
Castle's website highlights the following campaign themes:
A Business Voice
- Excerpt:"West Virginia is considered a pretty bad place to do business, mostly because of our legal, tax and labor environment. West Virginia is considered to be a bad place to get sued in, to have a heavily taxed business environment, and to be a difficult labor state based on unionization."
- Excerpt:"West Virginia is being passed over as a business alternative to more favorable economic climates that include right to work states, tort reform states, and fairer tax states. It is unfortunate but it is true. The job growth in West Virginia and the actual number of jobs available has been steadily decreasing over the past decade. Even in the booming early 90’s we were losing jobs and employment."
A Business Voice
- Excerpt:"We need a stronger voice in Charleston. I will be that voice, a voice that will speak on behalf of the Mon County taxpayer to the State, not the State to the Mon County taxpayer. This is what you deserve and this is what I will provide."
Caslte and his wife, Stephanie, have two children; Adam and Conner.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Castle + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Michael Castle on Facebook
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |