Michael F. Delaney
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kansas State Senate District 11|
Delaney has worked as a lawyer for 36 years in the fields of labor, employment, and education.
Delaney's website highlights the following campaign themes:
On Economic Opportunities and Growth
- Excerpt: "As the recession starts to turn around we need to continue on a path toward prosperity and ensure job and business opportunities for all Kansans."
For The Best Public Schools in the Nation
- Excerpt: "Ensure that our excellent public schools receive adequate funding and that our children continue to receive the knowledge and tools necessary to become active, productive citizens of the 21st century."
On Cheap Energy and a Clean Environment
- Excerpt: "Kansas is the second windiest state in the country. We need to harness that potential to produce clean energy, which in turn will create new jobs."
For A Better Healthcare System for Everyone
- Excerpt: "Find ways to reduce the cost of health care to make it more accessible and affordable for all Kansans, while paying special attention to the needs of our seniors and our children."
On Keeping Our Moral Covenant
- Excerpt: "Defend the most vulnerable of our population by funding necessary social services that are vital to so many disabled Kansans and ensure they receive the care, treatment, and dignity they deserve."
- See also: Kansas State Senate elections, 2012
Delaney ran in the 2012 election for Kansas State Senate District 11. Delaney ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 7 and was defeated by Jeff Melcher (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas State Senate, District 11, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Michael F. Delaney||37.2%||13,985|
Delaney and his wife Kathy have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Delaney + Kansas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Michael F. Delaney on Facebook
- Michael F. Delaney on Twitter
- Michael F. Delaney on LinkedIn