|Vermont House Of Representatives, Addison 4|
|2001 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||12|
|Per diem||$162/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Fisher has worked for the Addison County Parent/Child Center as an Outreach Social Worker since 1988.
Fisher earned his BA from Hampshire College in 1988. He then received his MSW from the University of Vermont in 1998.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Fisher served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health Care, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Fisher served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health Care, Vice-chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Fisher served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Human Services|
|• Mental Health Oversight|
Fisher won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Addison 4. Fisher was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Fisher won re-election to one of the two positions in the Addison 4 District in 2010. He ran against Fred Baser (D), David Sharpe (D), and John Heffernan (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Addison 4 General Election (2010)|
|Michael Fisher (D)||2,084|
|David Sharpe (D)||1,893|
|Fred Baser (D)||1,664|
|John Heffernan (R)||1,474|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Fisher was up for re-election, he collected $2,405 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Vermont House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael Fisher's campaign in 2010|
|Contributions By Candidate Or Candidates Immediate Family||$700|
|Addison County Democratic Party Cmte||$250|
|National Association Of Social Workers Vermont Chapter||$150|
|Total Raised in 2010||$2,405|
Fisher raised $5,951 for the 2008 election.
His major contributors are listed below. 
|National Association of Social Workers Vermont Chapter||$300|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Fisher + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Health Care Financing A 'Must-Pass' Bill Before Lawmakers Head Home - Vermont Public Radio
- Classical and Opera - New York Times
- Photo Gallery: Adjournment Day and highlights from the 2013 legislative session - vtdigger.org
- End-of-life bill wins initial support in Vermont House - BurlingtonFreePress.com
- Sugary Drink Industry Spent Heavily in Vt. - Valley News
- Lawmakers Face Education, Health Care Funding Bills - Vermont Public Radio
- Rate review bill grows to create consumer advocate office and much more - vtdigger.org
- Washington State Gender-Neutral Vocabulary Law Signed By Jay Inslee - Huffington Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Fisher and his wife, Ann, have two children.
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|Vermont House of Representatives Addison 4
| Succeeded by|