|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 63|
|December 1, 2012 – present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$131/day during session|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Hedgesville High, 1987|
|Bachelor's||Shepherd College, 1992|
|Master's||West Virginia University, 1994|
Folk's professional experience includes working at his father's agricultural aviation business, teacher for Berkeley County, materials management supervisor at Mack Trucks, and pilot.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Folk served on the following committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Organization|
|• Political Subdivisions|
|• Agriculture and Agri-business|
|• Joint Government Organization|
Folk's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Hold unelected Public Officials accountable by supporting term limits to prevent crony type relationships to fester.
- Hold elected officials accountable by supporting experience/professional requirements for special Public Authorities/Boards, i.e. Airport Authorities should have aviation people as members and medical boards should have medical people.
- Make government and elected representatives financially accountable to the citizens by following realistic actuarial accounting principles… not the more easily manipulated and distorted animal we call government accounting.
- Reduce unfunded liabilities; i.e. OPEB, teacher retirement, and any other off-budget liabilities
- Promote actuarially sound accounting of State finances… not current practice which results in so-called balanced budgets, but long-term unfunded liabilities
- For example, if the state funds teacher retirement $20 million in a given year when they should have funded $100 million actuarially, only $20 million will count against the budget. Ultimately, this type of accounting results in situation like OPEB, an unfunded teacher retirement system, and other like financial liabilities.
- All proposed laws must comply with United States and West Virginia Constitution
- We must fight federal mandates that are unconstitutional. For example, the Affordable Health Care Act, often referred to as Obamacare, which mandates individuals purchase a product they may not want.
- Work to reform laws which limit freedom and liberty throughout the state and local area.
- Preserve, protect and defend the 2nd Amendment period. If we restrict gun ownership, only criminals will have guns.
Folk won election in the 2012 election for West Virginia House of Delegates, District 63. Folk defeated Pam Brush in the May 8 primary election and defeated Donn Marshall in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 63, General Election, 2012|
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 63 Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Folk and his wife, Stella, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Michael + Folk + West Virginia + House of Delegates"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delegate Office Website
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Michael Folk on Facebook
|West Virginia House of Delegates District 63
| Succeeded by|
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |