Michael Johnston (Ohio)
|Ohio House of Representatives District 19|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Johnston's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: " I will continue to fight for workers rights, while pushing to make the process of starting a small business easier. In a modern society, the only reason we continue to have poverty and hunger is because we choose to have poverty and hunger. I hope you’ll join me in finding that unacceptable."
- Excerpt: "As your State Representative I will: work to remove barriers to alternative energy sources including hydro, solar, wind, and nuclear power, work to make Ohio energy independent within 10 years and hold ALL polluters responsible for their actions."
- Excerpt: "Everybody deserves respect and freedom. I will continue to support marriage equality while defending the wins made by previous generations of visionaries."
Government Spending & Accountability
- Excerpt: "I will work to make every financial transaction by the state government completely transparent to taxpayers. Every citizen should be able to easily review the state’s income and line-item expenses easily and in an understandable form."
- Excerpt: " I will work to ensure that our school standards are focused on education, not testing, and that every child in Ohio is taught to her or his fullest potential."
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Michael Johnston was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Anne Gonzales defeated Meta Hahn in the Republican primary. Chad Monnin is running as a Libertarian candidate. Gonzales, Johnston and Monnin will face off in the general election.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 19 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Anne Gonzales Incumbent||72.5%||5,531|
Johnston ran as a Libertarian candidate in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 19. He did not appear on the general election ballot. Incumbent Republican Anne Gonzales won the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Johnston + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- Ohio General Assembly
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Ohio House of Representatives District 19
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Michael Johnston on Twitter
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |