|Massachusetts House of Representatives Fifth Hampden|
|2001 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||American International College|
|Master's||American International College|
Kane represented Ward 5 on the Holyoke City Council from 1996-2000.
He is a member of the Holyoke Boys and Girls Club, Holyoke Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA), and the Saint Patrick Parade Committee.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kane served on the following committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kane served on the following committees:
- State Administration and Regulatory Oversight Joint Committee (Vice Chair)
- Ways and Means
- Steering, Policy and Schedule
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Fifth Hampden District Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Michael Kane Incumbent||33.9%||999|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Fifth Hampden District (2010)|
|Michael Kane (D)||8,074|
On November 4, 2008, Kane won re-election for the Massachusetts House of Representatives election for the Fifth Hampden district. In this election he raised $57,423-; of that total $54,722- (95.3%) was from in state contributions and $2,700- (4.7%) was from out of state contributions.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives - Fifth Hampden district|
|Michael Kane (D)||12,110|
In 2010, Kane received $57,411 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael Kane's campaign in 2010|
|Kane, Michael F||$1,000|
|Massachusetts Association Of Realtors||$600|
|Mccarthy, John F||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$57,411|
Kane raised $57,423 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Boston Police Patrolmens Association||$1,000|
|Massachusetts Association of Realtors||$700|
|Sheet Metal Workers Local 17||$700|
|Hank J. Porten||$625|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Michael + Kane + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives - Rep. Michael Kane
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kane
- AP "Massachusetts - Summary Vote Results," accessed September 6, 2012
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed March 18, 2014
- Follow the Money 2008
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2010 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Hampden 5
| Succeeded by|
Aaron Vega (D)
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |