|Delaware State Senate District 4|
|2009 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Master's||Georgetown University, 1985 and Georgetown University, 2000|
|M.D.||Georgetown University School of Medicine, 1989|
|Profession||Physician, Anesthesiologist; Outpatient Anesthesia Specialists|
Katz acquired his Bachelor of Science degree from Bates College, then went on to get his M.D. from Georgetown University School of Medicine and also his M.B.A. from the Georgetown University School of Business.
Katz is also a practicing doctor; a physician and an anesthesiologist.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Katz served on these committees:
- Administrative Services/Elections Chair
- Energy & Transit
- Revenue & Taxation
- Small Business
- Joint Sunset Committee
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Katz served on these committees:
- See also: Delaware State Senate elections, 2012
Katz ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Delaware State Senate District 4. Katz ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 11, 2012 and was defeated by Gregory Lavelle in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Delaware State Senate, District 4, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Michael Katz Incumbent||47.5%||11,188|
On November 4, 2008, Katz won election to the Delaware State Senate from Delaware's 4th Senate District. Katz defeated John Clatworthy (R). Katz received 11,296 votes, while Clatworthy received 11,004 votes. Katz raised $97,039 for his campaign in 2008, while Clatworthy raised $201,091.
|Delaware State Senate, District 4 (2008)|
|Michael Katz (D)||11,296||50.7%|
|John Clatworhty (R)||11,004||49.3%|
|Delaware State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael Katz's campaign in 2010|
|Katz, Michael S||$729|
|Delaware Racing Association||$600|
|Tunnell Iii, Robert W||$600|
|Crell, Andrew M||$600|
|Byrd, Robert L||$600|
|Total Raised in 2010||$10,179|
In 2008, Katz collected $97,039 in contributions. The top three contributors to his campaign were as follows:
|Lawrence I. Zutz||$1,200|
|Joyce M. Zutz||$1,200|
|Delaware Chapter of the American College of Emergency Physicians||$750|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Michael + Katz + Delaware + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Katz represents Delaware Senate District 4.
Michael is married to Trish Katz, they have three children together.
- Michael Katz's personal website
- Official Delaware State Senate website of Senator Michael Katz
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart of Senator Michael Katz
- Campaign contributions: 2008
- Delaware Senate
- Delaware Senate Committee Assignments
- Delaware Elections Division "Candidate List" Accessed July 13, 2012
- Delaware Department of Elections, "Official Primary Results," accessed March 20, 2014
- Delaware Elections Division, "Official 2008 Election results," accessed March 20, 2014
- District 4 Delaware Senate candidate funds, 2008
- 2008 contributions to Michael Katz
|Delaware Senate District 4
| Succeeded by|
Gregory Lavelle (R)