Michael Madigan, New York
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 26|
Madigan works as a manager for a biotechnology firm. He is a tea party activist and vice president of the Rochester-based Frederick Douglass Foundation, a think-tank focused on education policy issues.
Madigan said he chose to run against Brian Higgins because the incumbent Democrat "ignores what's happening here" in Buffalo's economically disadvantaged East Side. He said education was key, along with lower taxes and reduced regulations in order to help the area's competitiveness.
Madigan ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent New York's 26th District. He was unopposed in the Republican, Conservative, and Independence Party primaries and faced incumbent Brian Higgins (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012. Higgins won.
With redistricting making the district even more solidly Democratic, Madigan admitted that he would be at a disadvantage heading into the general election. However, he said he was inspired to run because he wanted to improve Buffalo's dismal education conditions. Madigan considered incumbent Higgins to have ignored the city's poverty and underperforming school system.
|U.S. House, New York, District 26 General Election, 2012 - Michael Madigan, New York Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,091,162|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,031,410|
|Top contributors to Michael Madigan, New York's campaign committee|
|Goooh National Cmte||$1,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Michael + Madigan + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- CNN "New York Districts Race - 2012 Election Center"
- Buffalo News "Madigan launches campaign for seat held by Higgins," May 21, 2012
- Island Dispatch "Islander kicks off run for Congress," May 25, 2012
- New York Board of Elections "Filings for June 26, 2012 Federal Primary," accessed June 11, 2012
- AP/CSPAN "New York-Summary Vote Report," June 26, 2012
- Sabato Crystal Ball "2012 House Ratings," June 13, 2012
- Buffalo News "GOP’s Madigan steps up to challenge Higgins," April 3, 2012
- Open Secrets, "Michael Madigan 2012 Election Cycle," accessed May 20, 2013
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |