Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 45|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Hawaii House of Representatives|
|2001 - 2011|
Magaoay's professional experience includes working as a Senior Project Engineer with A-1 A-lectrician, Incorporated, Project Manager/Estimator for the American Electric Company, Director of Engineering/ Sales Manager for American Technologies, Incorporated and Manager/Chief Engineer of Facilities and Building Services at Queen's Medical Center.
Elections for the office of Hawaii House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Michael Yadao Magaoay was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Lauren Kealohilani Matsumoto was unopposed in the Republican primary. Magaoay was defeated by Matsumoto in the general election.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 45, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Lauren K. Matsumoto Incumbent||72.3%||3,069|
|Democratic||Michael Yadao Magaoay||27.7%||1,175|
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2012
|Hawaii State Senate, District 18 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Michelle Kidani Incumbent||64.6%||7,434|
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2008
On November 4, 2008, Magaoay won re-election to the Hawaii House of Representatives from Hawaii's 46th District, defeating Gil Riviere (R). Magaoay received 4,176 votes in the election while Riviere received 3,232 votes. Magaoay raised $120,600 for his campaign; Riviere raised $23,279.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 47|
|Jessica Wooley (D)||4,934||50.6%|
|Colleen Meyer (R)||4,467||45.8%|
In 2008, Magaoay collected $120,600 in campaign contributions. The five largest contributors to his campaign were as follows:
|Hawaii Operating Engineers||$2,000|
|Hawaii Optometric Association||$2,000|
|Hawaii Carpenters Local 745||$2,000|
|Plumbers and Pipefitters||$2,000|
Hawaii Grassroot Institute
- See also: Hawaii Grassroot Institute Scorecard
The Grassroot Institute issued its 2010 Legislative Score Card that tallied the votes of Hawaii legislators and graded their votes based on the Institute's values of individual liberty, free markets, and limited government. The Institute observed state legislators' votes on issues involving taxes, spending, scope of government, business climate, and raids on special funds. Magaoay received a total score of 5%. Here are the scores Magaoay received based on specific categories.
|2010 Hawaii House Legislative Scorecard|
|Taxes||Business climate||Spending||Individual liberty||Raids||Scope of government|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Michael + Magaoay + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hawaii House of Representatives
- Hawaii House of Representatives District 45
- Hawaii House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Hawaii State Legislature
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Michael Magaoay on Facebook
- Michael Magaoay on Twitter
- Michael Magaoay on LinkedIn
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed October 8, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 6, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed August 25, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed November 12, 2014
- civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- District 46 Hawaii House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money, "District 46 Hawaii House candidate funds, 2008," accessed October 8, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to Michael Magaoay," accessed October 8, 2014
- Grassroot Institute of Hawaii, "2010 Legislative Score Card," accessed October 23, 2013
|Hawaii House District 46
| Succeeded by|