|Running for Maine House of Representatives, District 66|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Maine House of Representatives, District 103|
|2010 - Present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Birthday||February 16, 1960|
|Place of birth||Poughkeepsie, New York|
McClellan earned his B.S. in Therapeutic Recreation from SUNY Brockport in 1983. His professional experience includes working as a consultant in organization and development.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McClellan served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education and Cultural Affairs|
|• Insurance and Financial Services|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McClellan served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Education and Cultural Affairs|
Elections for the office of Maine House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. Mary-Vienessa Fernandes was unopposed in the Democratic primary. District 103 incumbent Michael McClellan was unopposed in the Republican primary. McClellan faces Fernandes and Lisa Willey (G) in the general election.
McClellan won re-election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 103. McClellan ran unopposed in the June 12 Republican primary and defeated Leslie Stephenson (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 103, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Michael McClellan Incumbent||53.1%||2,715|
McClellan's opponent in the November 2 general election was Democratic candidate Leslie Stephenson. According to unofficial results, McClellan defeated Stephenson in the November 2 general election. Republican incumbent John Robinson did not seek re-election, although he was eligible to do so under Maine's term limits.
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 103 (2010)|
|Michael McClellan (R)||2,306||52%|
|Leslie Stephenson (D)||1,997||45%|
Comprehensive donor information for McClellan is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, McClellan raised a total of $12,591 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 18, 2013.
|Michael McClellan's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State House, District 103||$3,456|
|2010||Maine State House, District 103||$9,135|
|Grand Total Raised||$12,591|
2012McClellan won re-election to the Maine House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, McClellan raised a total of $3,456.
|Maine House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael McClellan's campaign in 2012|
|Maine Association of Realtors||$350|
|Republican Speakers Fund||$350|
|House Republican Fund of Maine||$350|
|Total Raised in 2012||$3,456|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, McClellan raised $9,135 in contributions.
His top contributor was the Public Fund, which donated $8,940 to his campaign.
McClellan and his wife, Michelle, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Michael + McClellan + Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- Maine House of Representatives - Rep. Michael McClellan
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Michael McClellan on LinkedIn
- Daily Paul, "11 Maine State Legislators endorse Ron Paul," February 3, 2012
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," June 2, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed May 14, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Tabulations for Elections held in 2012," accessed March 19, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Official Maine Election Results, 2010
- followthemoney.org, "McClellan, Michael D," accessed September 18, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
John Robinson (R)
|Maine House of Representatives District 103
| Succeeded by|
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |