|Tennessee House Of Representatives District 44|
|Majority Whip, Tennessee House of Representatives|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||David Lipscomb College, 1970|
|Master's||University of Illinois, 1971|
|Ph.D.||University of Illinois, 1976|
|Birthday||February 21, 1949|
|Place of birth||Nashville, TN|
|Religion||Church of Christ|
McDonald was a Professor for Austin Peay State University from 1972 to 1977. He then worked for Volunteer State Community College as a Professor from 1978 to 2002. He is currently a farmer. McDonald earned his B.A. from David Lipscomb College in 1970. He went on to receive his MA and PhD from the University of Illinois in 1971 and 1976, respectively.
He did not run for re-election in 2012.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, McDonald served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, McDonald served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Environment
- Subcommittee on Wildlife
- Subcommittee on Employee Affairs, Chair
McDonald did not run for re-election in 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 44 General Election (2010)|
|Mike McDonald (D)||8,594|
|Matt Wynne (R)||8,123|
McDonald raised $33,101 for his campaign.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 44 (2008)|
|Michael McDonald (D)||19,747|
In 2010, McDonald received $85,648 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael McDonald's campaign in 2010|
|International Brotherhood Of Electrical Workers||$5,000|
|Nashville Fire Fighters Local 140||$4,000|
|Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association||$3,000|
|Ironworkers Local 492||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$85,648|
McDonald raised $33,101 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Tennessee Medical Association||$2,500|
|Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association||$2,500|
|Tennessee Labor Council AFL-CIO||$1,741|
|Tennessee Association of Realtors||$1,250|
|Fourteen different donors||$1,000|
McDonald and his wife, Mila, have two children.
- Tennessee Legislature - Representative Michael McDonald
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Tennessee Votes profile
- Times Free Press, "Another Tennessee Democrat decides to leave the House," March 19, 2012
- Unofficial Democratic state representative primary results from the TN Secretary of State, 2010
- Official House Election Results, 2010
- Tennessee General election results
- Election Results, Tennessee House of Representatives, District 44
- District 44 Tennessee House Spending, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Tennessee House donor numbers
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 44
| Succeeded by|
William G. Lamberth (R)
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |