Michael McLachlan recall, Colorado House of Representatives (2013)
- March 5: Conservative group Colorado Accountability filed recall paperwork with the Colorado Secretary of State.
- May 7: Deadline to collect 10,586 signatures to force a recall election. No signatures were submitted.
McLachlan was targeted by the conservative group Colorado Accountability after voting in favor of gun control legislation. "Representative McLachlan has betrayed the trust of his constituents, his oath to uphold the 2nd Amendment and the rights of gun owners by voting YES on gun control measures in both the Judiciary Committee and the House of Representatives," reads the official petition. Although he never commented officially on the petition, McLachlan responded to threats of a recall by saying, "[t]his is their right to petition to recall me. I look forward to a full discussion of the issues."
Path to the ballot
- See also: Laws governing recall in Colorado
Recall organizers needed to turn in 10,586 valid signatures by May 7 in order to force a recall.
- Colorado General Assembly
- Colorado Accountability's official website
- Michael McLachlan's campaign website
- Recall Mike McLachlan