Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Georgia Secretary of State|
- Bachelor's degree, Wake Forest University (1988) in biology
- Juris Doctorate, Mercer University - Walter F. George School of Law (1991)
After receiving his master's degree, Mills served as a legislative aide to former Secretary of State Lewis Massey. He later worked as press secretary to Mark Taylor during his successful 1998 lieutenant gubernatorial campaign.
- Board member, Communities in Schools of Georgia
- Board member, Georgia Breast Cancer Coalition
- Board member, League of Women Voters of Georgia
- Board member, YES!Atlanta
|2010 Race for Secretary of State - Democratic Primary|
|Democratic Party||Gail Buckner||35.1%|
|Democratic Party||Georganna Sinkfield||22.6%|
|Democratic Party||Angela Moore||20.4%|
|Democratic Party||Michael Mills||15.5%|
|Democratic Party||Gary Horlacher||6.4%|
878 Peachtree Street, Suite #331
Atlanta, GA, 30309
Phone: (404) 602-0016
The Internet Archive's Wayback Machine was used to recall this version of the website from May 29, 2010.
- SWGA Politics, "Gary Horlacher Has Some Competition for Democratic Nomination for Secretary of State" 27 Aug. 2009
- Georgia Secretary of State - 2010 Primary Election Results
- Even though Gail Buckner received the most votes, she failed to receive over fifty percent of those votes required by Georgia state law. A runoff election between the top two vote recipients, therefore, was required to decide who went on to the general election.