|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 49|
|March 4, 2014 - Present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||February 25, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|High school||Woonsocket High School|
|Associate's||Community College of Rhode Island|
Morin earned a degree in fire sciences from the Community College of Rhode Island. His professional experience includes serving as a captain in the Woonsocket Fire Department and as a fire marshal.
At the beginning of the 2014 legislative session, Morin served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2014|
|• Small Business|
|• Health, Education and Welfare|
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Michael Morin was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
A special election for the position of Rhode Island House of Representatives District 49 was called for February 25, with a primary on January 21. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 13, 2013.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 49 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 49 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Lisa Baldelli-Hunt Incumbent||63.8%||727|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Rhode Island: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills related to civil liberties.
- Common Cause: 2013-2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on votes on government reform.
- Rhode Island Center for Freedom and Prosperity: 2013 Session Freedom Index
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills deemed to have an effect on free-market, small-government, or constitutional principles.
- National Federation of Independent Business in New York: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Michael + Morin + Rhode Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Rhode Island House of Representatives, "Biography of Rep. Michael Morin," accessed June 10, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Results: Representative in General Assembly," accessed September 26, 2014
- Rhode Island Board of Elections, "Official 2014 general election results," accessed December 4, 2014
- boston.com, "Woonsocket to hold special legislative primary," January 18, 2014(Archived)
- Providence Journal, "Morin defeats 2 primary challengers to gain hold on Woonsocket House seat," January 21, 2014
- ctpost.com, "Morin wins Woonsocket election for RI House seat," February 26, 2014(Archived)
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Official Primary election results," accessed March 26, 2014
- ripr.org, "Baldelli-Hunt To Be Inaugurated As New Mayor Of Woonsocket," December 3, 2013
- turnto10.com, "State sets special election for Woonsocket House seat," December 4, 2013
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 10, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 10, 2014
Lisa Baldelli-Hunt (D)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 49
| Succeeded by|