|Utah House of Representatives District 66|
|2003 - 2012|
|January 1, 2013|
|Per diem||$95/day for lodging, $61/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University|
|Place of birth||Price, UT|
|(dead link) Office website|
Morley currently works in Real Estate Development and Construction.
Morley earned his B.A. in Engineering/Construction Management from Brigham Young University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Morley served on the following committees:
- Business and Labor Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Political Subdivisions Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Rules Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Morley served on the following committees:
Morley did not run for re-election in 2012.
Morley raised $40,139 for his campaign while Swenson raised $24,454.
|Utah State House of Representatives, District 66 (2008)|
|Mike Morley (R)||6,746|
|Debbie Swenson (D)||5,582|
In 2010, Morley received $27,721 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below.
|Utah House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael Morley's campaign in 2010|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$2,500|
|Workers Compensation Fund Of Utah||$2,100|
|Sorensen, Beverly T||$1,000|
|Reagan Outdoor Advertising||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$27,721|
Morley raised $40,139 for the 2008 election.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Utah Home Builders Association||$2,800|
|Utah County Republican Party||$2,010|
The Sutherland Institute Scorecard
The Sutherland Institute, "a conservative public policy think tank" in Utah, releases its Scorecard for Utah State Representatives and Senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Sutherland Institute thought were pro-conservative policies.
Michael Morley received a score of 100% in the 2012 scorecard.
Morley and his wife, Krystin, have nine children.
- Utah House of Representatives - Rep. Michael Morley (dead link)
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Utah 2012 candidate filings
- Utah House of Representatives election results
- 2008 Election Results, Utah House of Representatives
- 2008 Utah Election Fundraising, Candidates
- Follow the Money - 2010 donations
- Campaign contributors to Michael Morley
- Sutherland Institute, "2012 Legislative Session," accessed March 29, 2014
- Sutherland Institute, "2012 Sutherland Institute Legislative Scorecard," accessed March 29, 2014
|Utah House of Representatives District 66
| Succeeded by|
Mike McKell (R)