|New Mexico State Senate District 14|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Birthday||June 13, 1972|
Padilla's professional experience includes serving as Chairman/Chief Executive Officer at Altivus Customer Relationship, working at Management Solutions Limited Liability Company since 2000, and as the Director of MCI Telecommunications from 1990-2000.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Padilla served on the following committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Corporations and Transportation|
- See also: New Mexico State Senate elections, 2012
Padilla ran in the 2012 election for New Mexico State Senate District 14. He ran and won against Cecelia Romero-Tkach, James G. Taylor and State representative Eleanor Chavez in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012. Incumbent Eric Griego (D) did not run for re-election. He defeated Robert Schiller (I) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Mexico State Senate, District 14, General Election, 2012|
|New Mexico State Senate, District 14 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|James G. Taylor||29.1%||764|
Comprehensive donor information for Padilla is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Padilla raised a total of $150,076 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 20, 2013.
|Michael Padilla's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New Mexico State Senate, District 14||$71,578|
|2008||New Mexico State Senate, District 11||$78,498|
|Grand Total Raised||$150,076|
2012Padilla won election to the New Mexico State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Padilla raised a total of $71,578.
|New Mexico State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael Padilla's campaign in 2012|
|New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association||$2,500|
|Pueblo of Isleta||$1,000|
|ACTBLUE New Mexico||$969|
|New Mexico Realtors Association||$750|
|Total Raised in 2012||$71,578|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2008Padilla lost the election for the New Mexico State Senate in 2008. During that election cycle, Padilla raised a total of $78,498.
|New Mexico State Senate 2008 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael Padilla's campaign in 2008|
|Padilla, Julian & Anita||$1,000|
|Romero, Nestor J.||$1,000|
|Albuquerque Area Fire Fighters Local 244||$500|
|Total Raised in 2008||$78,498|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 51st New Mexico State Legislature, first session, was in session from January 15 to March 16. In 2014, the 51st New Mexico State Legislature, second session, was in session from January 21 through February 20.
- Animal Protection Voters: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to the state’s wildlife and domesticated animals.
- Conservation Voters New Mexico: 2013-2014 Conservation Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environment and conservation issues.
Padilla is divorced with two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Michael + Padilla + New Mexico + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico State Senate
- Senate Committees
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico state legislative districts
- Profile from the New Mexico State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2008
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed May 12, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 12, 2014(Archived)
- followthemoney.org, "Padilla, Michael," accessed May 20, 2013
- New Mexico Legislature, "Session dates," accessed July 9, 2014
Eric Griego (D)
|New Mexico State Senate District 14
| Succeeded by|