|Nevada State Senate District 20|
|2011 - Present|
|November 9, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Minority Leader, Nevada State Senate|
|2013 - present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Kansas, 1993|
|J.D.||University of Kansas School of Law, 1996|
Roberson works as an attorney at Kolesar & Leathlam.
Roberson earned his JD from the University of Kansas School of Law in 1996. He also received his BS in political science from the University of Kansas in 1993.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Roberson served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Revenue and Economic Development|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Roberson served on these committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce, Labor and Energy|
|• Natural Resources|
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2010
|Nevada State Senate, Clark 5 (B) General election (2010)|
|Michael Roberson (R)||38,401|
|Joyce Woodhouse (D)||35,638|
Roberson's website talks about the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I believe Nevada can once again lead the nation in job creation, but it will take new leadership to make it happen. Nevada must be declared a “Free Enterprise Zone.”"
- Excerpt: "We must broaden and diversify the economy by providing pro-business tax and fiscal policies, incentives for out-of-state businesses to relocate to Nevada, and tax incentives for existing business to grow and create more jobs."
- Excerpt: "I will work with Democrats and Republicans to replace the empty promises with legitimate, measurable results. We must adopt what has proven to work and eliminate what has proven to fail."
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Roberson was up for re-election, he collected $382,121 in donations.
Listed below are the four largest contributors to Roberson's 2010 campaign.
|Las Vegas Sands Corp||$22,500|
|Brady, Cynthia & Bill||$15,000|
|Nevadans For Integrity In Politics||$10,000|
|CMTE To Elect James Settlemeyer||$10,000|
Nevada Policy Research Institute
The Nevada Policy Research Institute, a Nevada-based conservative-libertarian think tank, releases a "Legislative Report Card" evaluating members of the Nevada State Legislature on "each lawmaker's voting record on legislation impacting the degree of economic freedom and education reform." Bills determined by the Institute to be of greater significance are weighted accordingly. According to the Institute, "a legislator with a score above 50 is considered to be an ally of economic liberty".
Roberson received a score of 88.63% in the 2011 report card, ranking 2nd out of all 63 Nevada State Legislature members. Roberson's score was tied with Greg Brower. Senator Don Gustavson received a higher score of 89.1. Roberson's score was followed by senators Elizabeth Halseth (88.15), and James Settelmeyer (87.68).
Roberson is married.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Michael + Roberson + Nevada + Senate"
- Bill to expand background checks for gun purchases passes Nevada Senate - Las Vegas Sun
- Dem tax plan pulled; Senate debate degenerates - Reno Gazette-Journal
- Nev. Senate Republicans announce mining tax plan - Reno Gazette Journal
- Update: Nevada GOP Assemblymen split with Senate Republicans on mining ... - Reno Gazette-Journal
- Bills live and die on deadline day in Carson City - Las Vegas Sun
- Legislature pushes toward progress - Las Vegas Review-Journal (blog)
- Nevada gun background checks bill clears Senate Finance - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Sen. Roberson is close, but minority leader has yet to master the art of ... - Reno Gazette Journal (blog)
- Senate Passes Bill for Universal Background Checks on Guns - Carson Now
- Bill closing gun background check loophole advances at Nevada Legislature - Las Vegas Sun
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Michael Robertson's official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Biography from Turn Nevada Red
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Eight Nevada State Senators," November 16, 2011
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State - 2010 General Election Results
- ↑ 2010 campaign contributions
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Nevada Policy Research Institute, "The 2011 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card"
- ↑ www.nevadanewsbureau.com Conservative Nevada Think Tank Grades Lawmakers On Taxes, Education Reform, June 28, 2011
|Nevada State Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|
Joyce Woodhouse (D)
|Nevada State Senate, Clark 5
| Succeeded by|