Michael S. Metti
|Michael S. Metti|
California State Senate, District 36
|Profession||Owner, The Mail Bank|
Metti was a candidate for the California State Assembly in 1998 and 2000, but was not elected. He then ran for election to the California State Senate in 2002, but he was again not elected. He was also a candidate for the United States House of Representatives and the United States Senate in 2004 and 2006, respectively.
Metti attended Washburn Trade School. He worked as an apprentice for Certified Test & Balance from 1973 to 1978. He was employed as owner of International Test & Balance from 1978 to 1983. He later was the owner of Saudi International Test & Balance from 1983 to 1989. Metti has owned The Mail Bank since 1994.
Metti's website highlighted the following campaign issues:
- War on Terrorism
- Excerpt: "Terrorism is a crime, not a war. Terrorism is committed by gangs of criminals — not soldiers representing a sovereign government. And no one in his right mind can believe that our government can eliminate every criminal gang in the world."
- Iraq War
- Excerpt: "There is one glaring fact, and that is our presence there is fuel for the fire. We cannot lose militarily, but we cannot win with a divided Iraq. "
- Excerpt: "The illegal immigration issue facing us today is caused by a difficult quota and entry process. "
- Excerpt: " It is imperative that we deregulate the healthcare industry, remove barriers to safe, affordable medicines and encourage the use of Medical Saving Accounts."
- Excerpt: "It is time to make government officials personally liable for the environmental damage they do. We need to repeal taxes and regulations that discourage free market environmentalism and require polluters pay for their crimes."
- See also: California State Senate elections, 2010
Metti and his wife, Hannah, have two children.
- Michael Metti's campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of candidates certified for the June 8, 2010 primary in California