Michael T. Klimesh
|Michael T. Klimesh|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa House of Representatives District 55|
|Mayor of Spillville|
|High school||South Winnishiek|
|Place of birth||Spillville, Iowa|
Klimesh has served as Mayor of Spillville for 14 years. He currently works as a plant manager for Graphics, Inc.
Klimesh's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Job Creation and Retention
- Excerpt:"I will work to restructure the corporate tax rate, help to craft real and sustainable commercial property tax reform, reevaluate business tax credits, and unemployment tax rates."
- Excerpt:"I will work to ensure the State maintains a course of fiscal responsibility for the education of our children while maintaining local control of your schools."
Responsible Taxation/Local Control
- Excerpt:"I will work to return control to your Counties, Cities and School Boards. I will advocate for responsible taxation and reasonable spending to stop the current trend of "tax shifting.""
Klimesh ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 55. Klimesh defeated Marshall A. Nessa and Dustin Noble in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. He was defeated by incumbent Roger Thomas (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 55, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Roger Thomas Incumbent||50.6%||7,781|
|Republican||Michael T. Klimesh||49.4%||7,585|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 55 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Michael T. Klimesh||47.3%||892|
Klimesh and his wife Kate have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Michael + Klimesh + Iowa + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Michael T. Klimesh on Facebook
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |